Tuesday 7 February 2012

Will Ayesha Takia sue Kingfisher Airlines



Following her verbal duel with Siddharth Mallya, actress Ayesha Takia to take his airline to court for ill-treatment of her sister Natasha

Ayesha Takia & her sister Natasha


Late Monday evening, when Ayesha Takia tweeted against Kingfisher Airlines, it was a case of an individual standing up for her sister, Natasha Takia. Seems Natasha had a tough time on her way back from Nepal to Mumbai via Delhi 

However, when Siddharth Mallya reacted, albeit personally and sarcastically, the actress couldn't be accused of blowing her fuse. Needless to say, their respective tweets on the social medium saw a number of people write in support of her and even questioned his personal comments when she was merely pointing out the airline's fault.

"The worst airline, Kingfisher ¦This disgustingly behaved kingfisher staff called Vinay Podwal just tore my sister's boarding pass n misbehaved with her" were Ayesha's first tweets on her sister's predicament.

What started as a family's complaint against the airline got into personal fight when Sidharth Mallya reacted. "Been getting retweets about Ayesha Takia and KFA. Not too sure who she is, an actor of some sorts?

That was enough to cause Ayesha to thunder online, "I will rant Sidharth Mallya, what will you do? This is your way of dealing with hospitality business? Wow! Learn manners and respect." By then, Mallya was also getting a lot of flak from the public for his reaction to the episode and eventually backed off.

The Takia family is together in their fight against the airline. As Ayesha told Mid-Day, "We're definitely going to send a letter to the company and take them to court for the rude treatment meted out to my sister. If this is the way a common person travelling economy class is treated, then I will stand up against the airline. I'm thankful to the people who supported me on Twitter, and many of them said that they've gone through similar experiences." 

However, declining to react to Siddhartha Mallya, Ayesha maintained, "I didn't start any personal attacks, so I don't want to comment on any one particular person. They way they treated my sister, a regular passenger travelling economy, is shocking. So I think taking the legal route is the right course of action. If anyone takes it personally, it's their problem."

Ayesha Takia has showed her displeasure towards Kingfisher Airlines for reportedly misbehaving with her little sister Natasha. Ayesha is super annoyed about the entire incident, where one of the airlines staffers tore Natasha’s boarding pass. But, the airline has categorically denied the accusation.

“The worst airline, kingfisher!!!shockingly baddddddddddd airport staff behavior at delhi airport with my sister. We r goin 2 take serious action against this and go 2 court with it, let the law handle it, so that this doesn’t happen 2 any girl again (sic), wrote a miffed Ayesha on Twitter.

“Is this how a girl alone at an airport gets treated by the staff of the airline she is flying? She is unwell and has a horrible backache, can't believe this happened 2 her rite now!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is beating so fast with anger that a girl at an airport gets treated this way by airport staff! he is at the kingfisher counter (sic),” she added.

She further went on to say, “How can this happen!!!How dare this Vinay Podwal misbehave with a passenger and tare her boarding pass, it cud b any one of u!!think about it. Can't believe thisssss!!!I'm in mumbai n I wish I was there rite now 2! soooo angry!! This disgustingly behaved kingfisher staff called Vinay Podwal just tore my sisters boarding pass n misbehaved with her (sic).”

When probed about the same, the spokesperson of the airline said, “This guest was booked to travel with Kingfisher Airlines from New Delhi to Mumbai and we understand that she arrived into New Delhi on the flight of another airline, which reportedly landed late. As a result of this, the guest missed her connecting flight to Mumbai. As soon as she produced a confirmation from the airline on which she arrived certifying that their flight arrived late, our staff offered her a wait-listed option on our next available flight as our next flight was running full.”

He went on to add, “We categorically deny that any of our staff misbehaved with this valued guest. We also deny that any of our staff tore her boarding card as alleged. The boarding card had in fact not even been handed over to the guest as she was waitlisted.”

“We regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to the guest on account of her missing her connecting flight,” he concluded. 
Rewind
Natasha elaborates, "When I went to the Kingfisher counter, it took me a while to convince them how I ended up missing their flight. They wasted three hours in sending me from counter to counter to get the required note for another ticket. When I told Vinay Podwal (staff) that the airline owes it to me to help me out since the delay of the AI flight and missing my connecting flight from Delhi to Mumbai wasn't my fault. I was not well, my back was hurting ¦. But he got upset and said that if he wanted he could tear my boarding pass and throw it. I retorted that I didn't think he could do it. But I was shocked that he actually did that, tore my boarding pass and threw it saying he's see what I'd do."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=52942

The airline spokesperson maintains "We categorically deny that any of our staff misbehaved with this valued guest. We also deny that any of our staff tore her boarding card/ticket as alleged. The boarding card had in fact not even been handed over to the guest as she was waitlisted. The guest was treated with full courtesy extended to our all guests at Kingfisher Airlines."

No comments:

Post a Comment