Sunday 6 May 2012

MERITS OF HADRAT ABU BAKR SIDEEQ (R.A)


Quran states: 
If you will not aid him, Allah certainly aided him when those who disbelieved expelled him, he being the second of the two, when they were both in the cave, when he said to his companion: Grieve not, surely Allah is with us. So Allah sent down His tranquility upon him and strengthened him with hosts which you did not see, and made lowest the word of those who disbelieved; and the word of Allah, that is the highest; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.(9:40)
Hadith States: 
Anas narrated that Abu Bakr As-Saddiq “Allah be pleased with them” told him: I saw the feet of the unbelievers over our heads while we were in the cave. I said: “O Allah’s Prophet! If any of them look down, he will see us beneath the feet.” The Prophet “Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him” said: “O Abu Bakr! What do you think of the two persons, of whome Allah is the Third?” Sahih Muslim: Volume 4 Page No. 226 Hadith No 2381 [Dar al-Kutab al Ilmiyyah Translated by Muhammad Mahdi Al Sarif] – Refer to Hadith No. 5868 in online version.

The Vast Majority of Muslims i.e. Ahlus Sunnah wal Jammah unanimously agree that this ayah has unquestionable and undeniable merit of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) Abu Bakr (RA) shall be called in from all gates of Paradise Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Anybody who spends a pair of something in Allah's Cause will be called from all the gates of Paradise, "O Allah's slave! This is good.' He who is amongst those who pray will be called from the gate of the prayer (in Paradise) and he who is from the people of Jihad will be called from the gate of Jihad, and he who is from those' who give in charity (i.e. Zakat) will be called from the gate of charity, and he who is amongst those who observe fast will be called from the gate of fasting, the gate of Raiyan." Abu Bakr said, "He who is called from all those gates will need nothing," He added, "Will anyone be called from all those gates, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Yes, and I hope you will be among those, O Abu Bakr Reference Volume 5, Book 57, Number 18:Sahih Bukhari 

Merit of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) in words of Hadrat Ali (Karam Allahu Wajahu) himself Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya: I asked my father ('Ali bin Abi Talib), "Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "Abu Bakr." I asked, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar. " I was afraid he would say "Uthman, so I said, "Then you? He said, "I am only an ordinary person. Reference Volume 5, Book 57, Number 20: (Sahih Bukhari) 
swords of first 4 Caliphs From top to bottom:
The First Caliph,HAZRAT ABU BAKR SIDDIQ (R.A) (632-634 A.C.)

The Second Caliph, HAZRAT UMAR BIN KHATTAB (R.A) (634-644 A.C.)
The Third Caliph, HAZRAT USMAN BIN AFFAAN (R.A)(644-656 A.C.)
The Fourth Caliph,HAZRAT ALI IBNE ABI TALIB (R.A) (656-661 A.C.)
Note: The sword of Ali in this picture is not Zulfikar, this is a ceremonial sword of him when he was elected to be the Caliph of Islamic Empire.

The first amongst men to enter paradise Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Gabriel came and taking me by the hand showed the gate of Paradise by which my people will enter. AbuBakr then said: Apostle of Allah! I wish I had been with you so that I might have looked at it. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: You, AbuBakr, will be the first of my people to enter Paradise Reference Book 40, Number 4635: (Sunnan Abu Dawud) 

Finding Abu Bakr(R.A), when Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is not present Narrated Jubair bin Mutim: A woman came to the Prophet who ordered her to return to him again. She said, "What if I came and did not find you?" as if she wanted to say, "If I found you dead?" The Prophet said, "If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr." Reference Volume 5, Book 57, Number 11: (Sahih Bukhari)

Generosity of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat on the pulpit and said: Allah gave a choice to His servant that he may opt the beauties of the world or that which is with Him and the servant chose that which was with Him. Thereupon Abu Bakr wept and he wept bitterly and said: Let our fathers and our mothers be taken as ransom for you. It was Allah'sMessenger (may peace be upon him) who had been given the choice and Abu Bakr knew it better than us, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Behold, of all people the most generous toward me in regard to his companionship and his property was Abu Bakr and were I to choose anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr as my dear friend, but (for him) I cherish Islamic Brotherliness and love. There shall be left open no window in the mosque except Abu Bakr's window. Reference Book 031, Number 5869: Sahih Muslim

Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) as Bosom friend Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose as my bosom friend I would have chosen the son of Abu Quhafa (Abu Bakr) as my bosom friend. Reference Book 031, Number 5873: Sahih Muslim

Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) as a Successor Ibn Abu Mulaika reported:
I heard A'isha as saying and she was asked as to whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would have nominated his successor if he had to nominate one at all. She said: Abu Bakr. It was said to her: Then whom after Abu Bakr? She said: Umar. It was said to her. Then whom after 'Umar? She said: Abu Ubaida b. Jarrab, and then she kept quiet at this. Reference Book 031, Number 5877: Sahih Muslim 

Most beloved Person of Prophet(Peace be Upon Him) Narrated 'Amr bin Al-As:The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is the most beloved person to you?" He said, " 'Aisha." I asked, "Among the men?" He said, "Her father." I said, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." He then named other men. Reference Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14: Sahih Bukhari

Best Man among the Companions(R.A) Narrated Ibn 'Umar(r.a):
We used to compare the people as to who was better during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle .We used to regard Abu Bakr(r.a) as the best, then 'Umar(r.a), and then 'Uthman(r.a) . Reference Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 7 Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) and The Fear of Allah The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) himself conveyed to him the glad tidings of his being the head of a group of persons in Paradise. 
The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once remarked: "Abu Bakr's name shall be called out from all the gates of Paradise, and he will be the first of my followers to enter it." With all these virtues and privileges, Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) used to say: "I wish I were a tree that would be cut and done away with." Sometimes he would say: "I wish I were a blade of grass, whose life ended with the grazing by some beast." He also said: "I wish I were a hair on the body of a Mo'min." Once he went to a garden, where he saw a bird singing. He sighed deeply and said: "0, bird! How lucky you are! You eat, you drink and fly under the shade of the trees, and you fear no reckoning of the Day of Judgement. I wish I were just like you." 
His Humbleness Hadhrat Rabiah Aslami (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates: "Once I had some argument with Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho), during which he uttered a word that I did not like. He realized it immediately and said to me 'Brother, please say that word back to me in retaliation.' I refused to do so. He persisted, and even spoke of referring the matter to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), but I did not agree to utter that word. He got up and left me. A few people of my clan remarked, 'Look! How strange! The person does wrong to you and, on the top of that, he threatens to complain to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam)'. I said, 'Do you know who he is. He is Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho). To displease him is to displease the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) and to displease the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) is to displease Allah, and if Allah is displeased then who can save Rabiah from ruin? I went to the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) and narrated the whole story to him. He said, 'You were quite right in refusing to utter that word. But you could have said this much in reply: '0, Abu Bakr, (Radhiyallaho anho) May Allah forgive you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment